Have you ever felt that way?
Check out the statements below and notice if you’ve ever said, or thought, any of them:
- I don’t know why I get depressed.
- I keep attracting the same kind of partner.
- I keep having the same problem over and over again.
- I always seem to go back to my habit of …(fill in the blank).
- I try to move forward, but I feel like I’m not getting anywhere.
- No matter how hard I try I always…(fill in the blank- mine use to be that I stop exercising).
In the Break Free from Your Barrier’s course that I’m presently teaching we are discovering the freedom of Breaking FREE with Compassion.
We are learning firsthand that self–blame or judgement is a destructive trap and will keep you caught in your unwanted pattern (because that’s all a stuck place is).
We are discovering that when you set out to blame you, instead of building your hope so you can move forward, you set yourself up to stay stuck.
So first things first…breathe this truth in and hold it in your heart:
A true mark of progress isn’t about how many patterns you create, it’s about how you learn from your patterns and grow from them.
To break free from your pattern you first have to see it as a learning experience.
Also you need to understand that you’re trying to take care of a need. You may not be aware of what the need is, but the need is within you.
Instead of stating what you don’t want…
Breathe deeply and question with love:
I don’t know why I get depressed.
- What can I learn from this state of mind?
- What do I need to feel better? Is it physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual?
- What is my depression trying to tell me?
I keep attracting the same kind of partner.
- What need am I trying to fulfill in this partnership?
- How can I fulfill my need in a way that supports my Highest Good?
- What can I do to build on my self-worth and self-love?
I keep having the same problem over and over again.
- How can I create safety to let go of this problem?
- What is the first step I can take to create the feeling of safety?
I always seem to go back to my habit of …(fill in the blank).
- What need is this habit trying to fulfill?
- What can I do that’s more loving to replace this habit and fulfill this need?
I try to move forward , but I feel like I’m not getting anywhere.
- How can I appreciate where I’m at as a learning opportunity?
- What can I learn from this?
No matter how hard I try I always…
- How can I build on my self-trust?
- What step do I need to take to show myself I can change?
I don’t care who you are or what you’ve been told, I know You DO have what it takes to lovingly move through an unwanted pattern.
I believe in YOU, and I know you can be FREE.
I’m here to support your freedom.
stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to
choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our
~ Viktor E. Frankl (From: Man’s Search for Meaning)
To your freedom…
With all my love and appreciation,